Magnetic eyelashes seem to be a remarkable alternative to traditional false eyelashes which have many disadvantages. Women complain that their application is not easy, requires a skilled hand and destroys natural eyelashes, especially if used too often. In addition, if we apply them incorrectly, they can peel off during the day. Magnetic eyelashes are an invention that has already conquered the hearts of American women and set off to conquer other continents. What are their advantages and how the application looks like? Where can you buy them and what is the price? Which false eyelashes should you choose: traditional or magnetic?
- resistant to strong wind.
- they don’t damage your natural eyelashes,
- they adapt to the shape of the eyebrows,
- they do not stand out from the natural eyelashes,
- their thickness and length can be adjusted to individual needs,
- the application takes a few seconds.
- may look artificial,
- it is difficult to obtain a natural effect,
- you feel them on your eye so they can be uncomfortable, especially during the first use.
Magnetic eyelashes – application
Place the top lash over the upper eyelash line and the bottom lash under your natural eyelashes. Start from the inner corner of the eye and gradually move to the outside. It is the magnet that will keep your eyelashes in place.
Where to buy the magnetic eyelashes and what’s the price?
Magnetic eyelashes can be purchased at online stores, Allegro and Aliexpress. In general, their price is lower than the cost of silk false eyelashes.
False eyelashes – is it worth the fuss?
Regardless of the method used, the false eyelashes can overload our natural ones deteriorating their condition. Also, the eyelash growth serums applied on the edge of the eyelids are also harmful as they contain the formula derived from a drug used to treat glaucoma. Long-term use of this type of conditioners can cause eyelid and eye congestion. Instead, it is worth reaching for serums with natural composition, for example castor oil. Eyelash lifting and colouring can replace the eyelash extensions. The effects of both treatments are satisfying, and at the same time they do not overload eyelashes and does not cause any complications.
False eyelashes – contraindications
- cancer (cancer diseases cease to be an obstacle after the end of therapy, i.e. when the eyelashes of patients start to grow back),
- weakened immune system (for example after chemotherapy),
- eye diseases, including conjunctivitis,
- a recent bacterial or fungal infection in the eye,
- allergies associated with a watery eye discharge.
Particularly allergy sufferers should be very careful when using the false eyelashes because its main component is cyanoacrylate. Its intense smell is a frequent cause of allergies as the vapours can strongly irritate the eye. This issue affects not only women undergoing this beauty treatment but also those doing it. All in all, the clients who are exposed to contact and inhaled allergies are more at risk (the glue is kept by the beautician in special rings located very close to the client’s face). Allergy reactions can happen soon during the application or within next 24-48 hours. ts symptoms include rhinitis, sneezing, throat scratching, conjunctivitis and cough.
Due to the risk of allergy, you should do a patch test before having your eyelash extended. It involves the application of a few eyelashes to check if the vapours do not cause any allergy symptoms. Of course, this is not entirely reliable as the vapour during a full application is much stronger. Even the sensitive glues for allergy sufferers can cause allergy symptoms. They are indeed milder due to smaller amount of fumes, but they can also sensitise. If the symptoms are mild, the eye drops and liquid lime will suffice.
False eyelashes – dangers
Negative effects such as:
- corneal or conjunctival infections, allergic swelling of the eyelids, and even temporary loss of natural eyelashes,
- bacterial or fungal infections (false lashes can trap dirt and bacteria, therefore the risk of infection or irritation increases).